Adjacent to Humpback Rocks Visitor Center, an outdoor farm museum is surrounded by nearly 3,000 acres of predominantly forested lands. The farm museum consists of a single-room log cabin and a series of outbuildings that represent elements of regional architecture of the late nineteenth century.
Costumed interpreters provide demonstrations, including weaving, basket making and gardening. Interpretation focuses on and emphasizes the generalized life styles of subsistence farmers.
Visitor Center phone: 540-943-4716
Visitor Center Hours 2014:
- Open daily 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., May 3 - November 2.
- Historic cabins and Humpback Rocks Farm seasonal cultural and farmlife demonstrations Thursday - Tuesday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., May 18 - October 26. Cabins and farm open year round for self-guided tour.
- picnic area (Milepost 8.5)
- visitor center is wheelchair accessible
- information is wheelchair accessible
- restrooms are wheelchair accessible
- exhibits are wheelchair accessible
- interpretive programs are accessible with assistance
- picnic area (Milepost 8.5) is NOT handicap accessible