This spectacular, high-elevation knob near the Cherokee Reservation has a visitor center and is a renowned destination for those wanting sunrise or sunset vistas. The 360-degree view from Waterrock Knob stretches the eyes over the heart of the Southern Highlands, including all of the major southern mountain ranges including the Great Balsams, Great Smokies, Cowees, Nantahalas, Blue Ridge, Newfound Mountains, Blacks, and Craggies.
Visitor Center Phone: 828-775-0975
Visitor Center Hours 2014:
- Open daily, April 25 - November 2, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- restrooms are wheelchair accessible
- visitor center is wheelchair accessible
- information is wheelchair accessible
- exhibits are wheelchair accessible