The mass of rhododendron blossoms that blanket the heath balds of Craggy has attracted visitors for generations. The broad, central dome of the massive Black Mountains is the highest point in eastern America. A visitor center with exhibits on the natural history of the region and a developed picnic area are offered to visitors here.
Visitor Center Phone: 828-775-0976
Visitor Center Hours 2014:
- Open May 9 - November 2 daily 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Portable toilets on site from November 3-11.
- picnic areas (open May 9 - November 2)
- visitor center is wheelchair accessible
- exhibits are wheelchair accessible
- information is wheelchair accessible
- picnic area is wheelchair accessible
- picnic area restrooms are wheelchair accessible