The visitor center and newly constructed exhibits detail the history of visiting the Peaks of Otter. The Johnson farm represents what may be thought of as ?middle class? life in the mountains and provides opportunities for insight into community life in the early twentieth century.
A concession-operated bus service at this site offers transportation up Sharp Top Mountain every hour from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on the following schedule:
Friday - Sunday, May 1 - 22
Wednesday - Sunday, May 22 - October 31
Friday - Sunday, November 1 - 30
Visitor Center phone: 540-586-4496
Visitor Center Hours 2014:
- Open daily 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., May 18 - November 2 at 4:00 p.m.
Nature Center Hours:
- Call visitor center for hours of operation.
- Visitor Center
- exhibits (Johnson Farm open Wed.- Sun., 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. May 31 - Oct. 26)
- picnic areas (open May 9 - November 2)
- visitor center is wheelchair accessible
- campground in wheelchair accessible
- information is wheelchair accessible
- restrooms are wheelchair accessible
- exhibits are wheelchair accessible
- interpretive programs are wheelchair accessible
- picnic area is accessible with assistance